Jan's Blog

Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Give Thanks to the Lord for He is Good!

Yahoo! God is good! We always knew that, but here's why I'm rejoicing this morning. I got the call about my pathology report from the surgery. They took 9 lymph nodes and there is no cancer in any of them!! That's great news because more affected lymph nodes would have meant more surgery to remove more of them. When the Physician's Assistant read me the report over the phone she was a bit surprised that all were clear and said, "Congratulations, good for you!" I replied, "No, praise the Lord!". I have learned that lymph nodes are really very important and that removing them can cause life long complications. There's always the chance of developing lymphedema even 20 years after surgery. I can no longer have my blood pressure taken or blood drawn on my right arm; the back of my upper arm is numb and may stay that way; and infections from cuts and scratches can be a problem. So, all that to say, praise the Lord that I don't have to have any more removed. And even more good news...the tissue taken from the mastectomy showed no other cancer in any other area! Praise the Lord again!

As I wrote before, I am improving in strength everyday. Yesterday I was able to go to my parents' house and sit by the pool while all the cousins swam. My brother and his family are here from Kansas and I am so thankful that I could spend some time with them.

Thank you for your continued prayers and support. There's still the chemo journey ahead, but I know that "The Lord is with me; He is my helper. I will look in triumph on my enemies." Ps. 118:7

With Joy and Victory,

Janice

Psalm 118:15 Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous; "The Lord's right hand has done mighty things! The Lord's right hand is lifted high; the Lord's right hand has done mighty things!"

5 Comments:

  • At Wed Jul 05, 02:48:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations Janice! That is such great news! I will continue to be praying for you as you go through your rounds of chemo! I am glad to hear you are feeling a little better everyday too! I miss ya lots!

     
  • At Thu Jul 06, 12:35:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great news! Praise the Lord!! What an awesome answer to our prayers! I had tears of joy when I received your e-mail, Janice. We hope you will feel noticeably better each day as you "rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him..." Psalm 37:7. We'll do the praying, and you do the REST! Well, you should probably keep praying, too. :) And, we will continue to pray for Bethany.

    Love,
    your B.B. ~Julie

     
  • At Thu Jul 06, 01:34:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What encouraging news Janice! Your SD&L family has been praying for you! Its been so quiet this summer without you around! :)
    Love: Heidi

     
  • At Mon Jul 10, 04:27:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Janice, Whenever we get good news in our family we sing "Praise to the Lord the Almighty the King of Creation!" So I am singing that for your good news. God is good....Bless His Name. Love ya, Linda VV

     
  • At Mon Jul 10, 08:30:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey sweetie!
    I have been on vacation, and just now getting to read our blog. What wonderful progress and news!!
    Praise our Lord who is awesome and so near to you.

    Gwen

     

Post a Comment

<< Home