Jan's Blog

Friday, August 11, 2006

Thick as Pea Soup

Ok, so just over one week out from chemo #1 and today I actually felt pretty good. Last weekend got worse before it got better, but it did get better. My stomach has really been fine since Sunday which I didn't expect. It's a bit like pregnancy really...certain smells bug me and I can't handle gross things like Chase's detailed descriptions of the latest thing he did with a bug.

The thing that's been the hardest is the fog. It's hard to explain but my head feels foggy, thick, heavy behind the eyes, like I need to shake the cobwebs out. No jokes please. :-) And the fatigue is frustrating. Going from being able to run 2 miles a day to now just being happy if I can walk up the stairs really stinks. But today was a better day and I actually walked a mile...slowly, but I did it.

I'm not one to enjoy inactivity so I feel myself growing frustrated at my low energy level. Then I get irritable and grumpy. I was a grouch to Jodie the other day and then later apologized. I explained that I was feeling tired, sluggish and just wasn't feeling myself because of the chemo. She said, "Yea, I figured." So I gave her permission to let me know when she thought it was the chemo talking. (I'll be sure to revoke that privilege in October when this is all over.)

We've been so thankful for the meals that have come this last week. It has just been such a huge blessing and a stress relief for both Brent and me. And the kids love it. They get so excited about who's bringing it and what it's going to be. We pray for those that prepared it and thank the Lord for our friends and church family who are so compassionately caring for us.

With Joy and Victory,

Janice

II Corinthians 4:16-17 Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all.

1 Comments:

  • At Sun Aug 13, 03:19:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Jan. I finally got into your blog after the video in church this morning. (I must have been misspelling jan or just or something the first time I tried a month ago.) Anyway, it was a real encouragement to me to read through the whole thing at once. I've been praying for you and it's great to know that God is our Creator and Maker. We missed you in softball--good to know that your pitching arm is preserved :) Lots of love,
    Miriam

     

Post a Comment

<< Home